Wish I May, Wish I Might
Every star's a fable,
A story in the sky,
A trail of angel's footprints
(some angels cannot fly) .
Every tale's worth keeping
And writing in a book;
So every star you're seeing,
Just take a closer look:
There's stars wished on by babies,
And stars from lover's eyes,
Stars that saved a sailor
Or intrepid voyager, high.
Stars that guide the night time,
And stars that swiftly fell,
And stars that shine in daylight,
At the bottom of a well.
There are stars in the evening,
And stars before the dawn,
To tell us what the season,
And when the work is done.
There's the first star you remember,
And the last you'll see before
Your eyelids close forever-
Before a star-lit door.
And then you'll be a star yourself,
Shining miles above;
Lighting worlds with distant lamps,
Burning bright with love.
Patti Masterman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish I May, Wish I Might by Patti Masterman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira