Is It Poetry
Without Metre Or Rhyme But Not Freestyle
Giving into it, is very bad, bad by name, names are by some very bad.
Plyths poem, Daddy, is it, well unlike her I am, am I?
Attracted to it and can I handle it, like her endings, all is swell.
It is, however, spoken of as to no end by some whereby,
I noticed the trend you soon despised it, three camps,
formalism and free verse to that effect, unlike her, I can rarely stop
So I use it and you use it, thinking that I don't, she never stopped.
Part of the problem is that it gives it, your writing a bad name,
bad by name, and like hers you are attracted to it.
I think the over educated writers some where often treat it,
some times as if it were with out metre or rhyme not free styling.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Metre Or Rhyme But Not Freestyle by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne