Lawrence S. Pertillar
Could I forgive someone or anyone,
Who intentionally thrived...
On ruining the lives of others,
With a malcontent.
And a viciousness meant,
That inflicts a pain that could be prevented?
I can not say I can.
When someone has ever done something to me,
Without provocation they will have others believe...
To deceive what it was I did not do,
I simply deliver that to God's department.
And since I know God prefers I do that,
I sit back patiently and observe what He does.
'And that provides you with satisfaction? '
But I've gotten pretty good at pretending that it does.
'How do you think God feels,
About you pretending you have forgiven these acts? '
God knows I am still a work in progress.
And as long as I keep working towards being perfect,
God continues to watch my back...
To ensure no one disturbs my progress.
'How do you know this? '
You can test my theory if you like.
I've already tried to dispute God's wishes,
With too many lessons learned I'm not going to repeat.
You 'do' believe in the power of God? '
Like I said...
You can test my theory.
I've learned not to play with God.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Provocation by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The night is ending away for the reputat.., clawdea benat
- Terrorism, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- My Dear Mom,, Dr John Celes
- Busy Life Bugged as Dybbuk Jigged jeez!, Harindhar Reddy
- Day of the Dead, Nassy Fesharaki
- Bow to God for the Life You Bestowed, yow!, Harindhar Reddy
- Please come agan, gajanan mishra
- LOvE mE DamMit - SHhhhhhh#t!, sEaN nOrTh
- Majestic Presence, Sadiqullah Khan
- Hunza, Sadiqullah Khan
Poem of the Day
- November, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Would Live In Your Love, Sara Teasdale
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)