Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Could I forgive someone or anyone,
Who intentionally thrived...
On ruining the lives of others,
With a malcontent.
And a viciousness meant,
That inflicts a pain that could be prevented?
I can not say I can.
When someone has ever done something to me,
Without provocation they will have others believe...
To deceive what it was I did not do,
I simply deliver that to God's department.
And since I know God prefers I do that,
I sit back patiently and observe what He does.
'And that provides you with satisfaction? '
But I've gotten pretty good at pretending that it does.
'How do you think God feels,
About you pretending you have forgiven these acts? '
God knows I am still a work in progress.
And as long as I keep working towards being perfect,
God continues to watch my back...
To ensure no one disturbs my progress.
'How do you know this? '
You can test my theory if you like.
I've already tried to dispute God's wishes,
With too many lessons learned I'm not going to repeat.
You 'do' believe in the power of God? '
Like I said...
You can test my theory.
I've learned not to play with God.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.