Who are you?
No sooner I see you
I die, some say.
You are the world
That I know
And in this world
Where is I,
That I am
Not able to know.
Some say you are
To think about a woman
Is just going towards death.
But how can I agree?
I know from a woman
I have taken birth,
Only because of a woman
I am living.
Some say for some selfish end
Woman loves man
Woman is falsehood
Woman knows not
What is love.
I am not inclined
To agree with this.
I know it is woman
And only woman who is
Giving me nectar
And woman is the life-savor.
gajanan mishra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Woman-life savor by gajanan mishra )
Did you read them?
- PM, Don Tiedemann
- Well Past Noon, Don Tiedemann
- Notes From An Amateur, Don Tiedemann
- Songs of You, Deniz Atay
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- After Labor Day, Don Tiedemann
- Winter here, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A tight rope, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Snake charmers in villages., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Frog in the Well, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)