James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
WOMEN PRIESTS... SEPT 14TH,2013
I heard that Pope Francis may let a Catholic priest have a wife,
They should have done it five hundred years ago to lessen the strife,
And I hope he allows ladies to be promoted to priests,
Many are already qualified and should just read the briefs.
And please no marching in the gay parade like our politicians,
Because we don’t need any more pedophile superstitions,
It’s long overdue that the rules of the priesthood should change,
All clergy should be required to have wives and it should not be strange.
And death-with-dignity should not be considered a mortal sin,
Half of Europe already have it; maybe except Dublin,
We are all equal in that we eventually have to face death,
We are all therefore more or less going to take our last breath.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem