Dorian Petersen Potter
Writing Poetry (Alliance Acrostic)
When I write I just let my imagination fly and sometimes to places unknown this way I go
Remembering that the sky is the limit and that writing is wonderful,
Indeed, I just love it when I get inspired.
Tensions and problems seem just disappear, when I am writing all my poetry.
It gives me joy to write in many styles.
Naturally for me writing is fun, keeps me alive!
God is great, gave it to me.
Poetry is like a song, enlivens and unburdens my soul.
Over anything I can write.Poetry is a wonderful gift.
Try to write in different styles and forms.You'll see how much fun you can have too.
Read poetry and as many books you can and just write a lot everyday too.
You can have lots of fun and be happy you can write better, the more that you practice it everyday.
Dorian Petersen Potter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Writing Poetry (Alliance Acrostic) by Dorian Petersen Potter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa