I sat on my porch
and just in front my eyes
two butter colored butterflies
made the most lovely and sexy dance
around a thick white flowery branch.
I worked a bit in my garden
and just next to my hands
I saw seven industrious ants.
They carried together a grain of rice
with loving dedication, isnt this nice?
I made a walk on the beach.
There was a couple holding hands.
I saw so many families and friends,
sharing lots of drinks and food,
sharing jokes and much of good.
I came inside; on was the TV.
A newspaper lying in front of me.
What did I see?
Aufie Zophy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Without denying the many problems in the world, it may be a good idea to now and then switch of the TV for a day.
Comments about this poem (Y/ News? by Aufie Zophy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Love Lures Life! - sonnet-, Manjeshwari P MYSORE
- Yamashita/Medina Standard, Richard Thripp
- drops of dew, binod bastola
- Hello, This Is Reez, Rimni chakravarty
- Wish You A Good Day, Rimni chakravarty
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy