Joseph Anderson Poems
- A Candid View On Aging I sat before my desk last eve To ...
- Seasons Of Life How like the seasons is our life, We face ...
- A Humble Man Can you find a humble man, Glad to be on God's...
- Poetry For The Common Man O muse of mine please work with me,...
- A Dogs Life In an attempt to lighten up my poem site I ...
- A Mother's Words I remember, still remember Though she's ...
- Daughter's Gone, Daughter's Go... Daughter's gone, daughter's ...
I am a semi-literate farm boy from the hills of KY.
Have been writing poetry since World War 2.and prefer
the rhyming verse form.I do a lot of thinking. Please join me and rate my thinking. Perhaps I protest to
much. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Candid View On Aging
I sat before my desk last eve
To assess my current plight;
The things I see, you might agree,
Indicate a major blight.
My heartbeat is irregular
And, likewise are my bowels;
My appetite has flown the coop
While my nervous stomach growls.
My sex drive took a wrongway turn,
On life's highway, some miles back;
My drugs for that don't seem to work
So, I'm no good in the sack.
My bones keep going crackle-pop
And my back's in constant pain;
I have fungus on my toe nails
And my garden needing rain.
My teeth and hair are getting ...