Yearnings of the longest day and night!
Nameless; she herself dares her, secret kiss…
Softly, tenderly, he tinkles like a gentle rain fall.
Falling down the chimney, its then senses sizzle…
She calls come this solstice at owl, call.
Like those embers that fizzle…
Back to full Burning-flame.
"Burst with desire my darling, I entreat you…
Arrive, when I' whisper your secret name".
She begs yet more' of his, edifying passions.
"O emanate now' my love, fan my blue coals…
"Come—sojourn my mysterious, silent one.
Here where silence reverberates and moans".
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yearnings of the longest day and night! by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...