ANNE P LadeeAnne MURRAY
Yes, It Was So Lovely Back Then
Once upon a time it was love…
Before the the love and passion...
Settled in cooled ashes of limpid cold embraces
When you remembered special dates and made special dates
I remember once upon a time…
Dressing up for special occasions choosing a special dress to wear-
And shoes to make me feel tall and sexy
When we talked at our table in a restaurant
Instead of staring at others…
Envious of their words and looks that spoke of passion...
Passion that we once shared
Yes, it was so lovely back then...
Looking forward to nightfall
In un-conjured confidence that love would fill our longings
We once shared those warm, special moments at breakfast...
Smiling, like we had a secret we'd just shared…
Pretending shyness -
Knowing we had just shared passionate, special moments
Then it found itself disquited...
By long moments of unfamiliar silence that touched both of us
With a single, extinguished tiny flame...
Yes, it was so lovely back then
ANNE P LadeeAnne MURRAY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yes, It Was So Lovely Back Then by ANNE P LadeeAnne MURRAY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI