You Delay The Down
Always waiting faced the gate
that you might break through,
yet you delay the dawn.
There is not a vent in the walls,
not even a window to give
some capacity to this trapped life.
I know the other side is not as it's promised,
but it lightens the heaviness of breathing.
It carries away the attraction of pain.
Comforts your mirage, but never you.
Halsho Zangana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Delay The Down by Halsho Zangana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- daily sports pun, lee fones
- humpback whales doing stuff in the ocean, Mandolyn Wind
- Your Difficult Test, Mark Kosek
- New Orleans Cries, Monica Lanier
- The Heat of the Sun, Jacqueline Nash
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas
- body part man, lee fones
- MY HEART IS CLEAN, BUT HIS HEART IS DARK, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How to Please a Tomato, Monk E. Biz