You may be FAT but are you BEAUTIFUL?
The definition of beauty doesn't point singularly to physical appearance.
It is undeniable that it is good to be healthy
but it is idolatry to believe only the society's desire is acceptable.
God allowed us look the way we do and loves us thus
He loves the big, the small, the slim, the fat, the muscular, the average, the overweight, the underweight
One that cheers you on physically when you really are unhealthy is the friend to be avoided
If 'you are fat' is a fact, deal with it
Why seek to feel good about ones state when it leads an unhealthy regret down the road.
Pride in one's skin is more than just belief in one's being
It is a fertilizer for ones sense of appreciation
And a reinforcement for a bold mind unfazed by agents that taunt resilience.
Another thought that should not be entertained for a second
Is the idea that though one is healthy, there is a size for the society's perfect
One may work towards feeling better about ones physical look or keeping ones size
but that there is a perfect size to be met is a false attempt geared toward pleasing a fantasial idol
Don't let Barbie dictate what ought and what not
Neither should the yard stick of some models be a taunt
It is all a false representation that in no wise is natural
Life is more than present and joy is far from derived through looks
Down the road of time, the youthful pressure dwindles as wisdom replaces 'knowledge'.
For friends that desire to be true, deception is evil but discrimination likewise is
Love the unhealthy and aid in their physical need through truthful words and example
Respect the healthy and leave comparison to individuals
Be a model by the way you appreciate your healthful state.
Tell those that need to know that:
Beauty is an inner thing,
We attract who we are not what we look like,
It is the connection inside that results in the ultimate choice not the first impression.
Adedolapo Olisa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You may be FAT but are you BEAUTIFUL? by Adedolapo Olisa )
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ광교오피녀 ⓑ사당오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- L.Messi 오피뷰 광교오피 KTwiz 사당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu3 sibngnu3
- Fruit Cocktail in Light Syrup, Amy Gerstler
- Racism, Kenneth Maswabi
- Idling mind., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Using Both Sides Of A Brain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hakuna matata, Luv Artem
- Silent Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Continuing Inspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, Three letters - 1- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)