Lawrence S. Pertillar
You're Getting Up And Out Of Here
One can choose to submit to pain,
Or get rid of it and insist...
It will not be a permanent affliction,
Waiting to visit to receive a gift of empathy.
Since a pain gained to leave,
Is the main objective for one not accepting it.
'I don't know where you will go.
And I have no suggestions or questions to ask.
But you're getting up and out of here.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're Getting Up And Out Of Here by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel
- Late Payment, Angela Wybrow
- Love versus Fear, Darian Kalamerd
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel
- Wake up! ! !, ramesh rai
- Cinquante, Marilyn Jean
- Tears Of The Moon, val legend
- Tempered, Debra Cranford