Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
You're Getting Up And Out Of Here
One can choose to submit to pain,
Or get rid of it and insist...
It will not be a permanent affliction,
Waiting to visit to receive a gift of empathy.
Since a pain gained to leave,
Is the main objective for one not accepting it.
'I don't know where you will go.
And I have no suggestions or questions to ask.
But you're getting up and out of here.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.