Lawrence S. Pertillar
You're Getting Up And Out Of Here
One can choose to submit to pain,
Or get rid of it and insist...
It will not be a permanent affliction,
Waiting to visit to receive a gift of empathy.
Since a pain gained to leave,
Is the main objective for one not accepting it.
'I don't know where you will go.
And I have no suggestions or questions to ask.
But you're getting up and out of here.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're Getting Up And Out Of Here by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 December 1943 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher
- Saranè, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Sex Sonnet, Luis Estable
- Ripping A Seam, Saiom Shriver
- You Are My World, Gillu Rahul
- The Hype Is Gone, Tony Adah
- Bug Religion, Saiom Shriver
- A Gratitude to My Unseen Friends, Akhtar Jawad