When I feel like I’m drowning, your words keep me afloat.
Of your words, in my mind, I have etched a mental note.
Any time that I’m feeling low and really down,
Through my mind, your words tumble around.
Your welcome words of praise, linger in the air,
And, on a printed page, they are written there.
Your words, I have heard, and I can now see,
But, surely, these words do not describe me?
Even if, at everything else in life, I fail,
I seem to have one skill at which I prevail.
My new passion in life has come as quite a surprise,
And reading your comments, I couldn’t believe my eyes.
Your words give me a sense of hope in my heart;
When feelings of despair and deep depression start.
Your words help to hold my head above the water,
When, my normally good mood begins to falter.
With me, for the rest of my life, your wise words will remain.
When I’ve felt myself falling, your words have kept me sane.
Our two paths only crossed for the very briefest of times,
But, out of the doldrums, your words have helped me climb.
That you made such an impact, you’re probably unaware,
But your words have helped make my life easier to bear.
You’ve shown me that, amazing things, I can now achieve,
If only, in myself and my abilities, I choose to believe.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Your Words by Angela Wybrow )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Parties, Marilyn Lott
- Thought Web, Aftab Alam
- The University of Essex, Tom Raworth
- The Bridal Dance, Tony Adah
- Marcus Aurelius Rose, Lisa Jarnot
- Victoria Spivey's, David McLansky
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea