YOUTH CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT... SEP 21ST,2013
The names of young criminals can't be published so we don't know,
In any ordinary neighbourhood this could be quite a blow,
But politicians thought the Youth Criminal Justice Act was great,
Lots of politically correct ideas and not much public debate.
A symptom of the influence of our aristocrats at the time,
Add soft court system, no capital punishment, easy on crime,
Appointed Supreme Court dressed in red, banned euthanasia,
Indeed Canadians seem to have had judicial amnesia.
Pompous politically correct activists with statistics,
Ordinary people without referendums are skeptics,
Legal aid lawyers and social workers got a great workout,
Don't seem to have had much trouble getting criminals bailed out.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (YOUTH CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACT... SEP 21ST,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro