I know where I want to go
But I cannot find the way
I know numbers and words
But my mind won't let me say.
Blacks and whites
Have mixed me gray
There are no more extremes
In the spaces I lay.
The colours have bleached
Or have carbonised
But time is not reversible
Yet, we still let it pass by.
Zebras can't always hide
In colourful grassy plains
I can't seem to find
The right lane.
Mehreen Mujeeb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zebra by Mehreen Mujeeb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hostility Or Hospitality?, Terence G. Craddock
- my spine is a jerk, Mandolyn Davidson
- Welcoming Guests And Strangers, Terence G. Craddock
- How a knowledgeable person should behave.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ups and down, hasmukh amathalal
- Warm-Hearted Hospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- R U hurting, Gregory Kelley
- Hospitality Professional Courtesy, Terence G. Craddock
- What my heart says, Gregory Kelley
- More, douglas scotney