Rae Edson Poems
- Wash Day Blues hot soap And water Fill the tub and get in...
- Brownskin She dared to apologise on my behalf, she dared to...
- In This Place in the greater scheme of things nothing really...
- Silver Rain I stared my past in the eye today And I walked ...
- Mychildren My children Are not born from me They were ...
- That Night We did little more than kiss For hours Although,...
- Cold As Stone I am cold as stone And as unyielding I do...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rae Edson
Wash Day Blues
Fill the tub and get in
Scrub away your failings
And your recent sin
He was a man.
A man? Indeed.
A man that I let in.
He is a friend,
He came, he left, left me
Scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing away
Scrubbing at my skin.
All red and sore
Just like i am within