We did little more than kiss
Although, you keep reminding me of
The other thing you say I did.
I said goodbye to you
I said it to your face
I said it was enough.
I can't explain why I loved you?
I can tell you when I did:
When you came into my mother's house
With half your behind
The hole in your jeans.
I can tell you why I stopped:
loving you hurt me too much.
I couldn't walk away fast enough
when I saw you with your wife
And every time, every single time
A cop got shot,
I'd go ice cold
And pray it wasn't you.
I loved you, why? I can't explain.
You always joke and think I'm lying.
But to me you'll always be
That boy I loved when I was 17.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Night by Rae Edson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey