We did little more than kiss
Although, you keep reminding me of
The other thing you say I did.
I said goodbye to you
I said it to your face
I said it was enough.
I can't explain why I loved you?
I can tell you when I did:
When you came into my mother's house
With half your behind
The hole in your jeans.
I can tell you why I stopped:
loving you hurt me too much.
I couldn't walk away fast enough
when I saw you with your wife
And every time, every single time
A cop got shot,
I'd go ice cold
And pray it wasn't you.
I loved you, why? I can't explain.
You always joke and think I'm lying.
But to me you'll always be
That boy I loved when I was 17.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Night by Rae Edson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal
- The Petrichor, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Its outcome, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning, Victor Cruickshank
- unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson
- A song lyric on a soft sorrow!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Leaving You, John deVries
- Bednight, Victor Cruickshank
- Utterly Lovely, John deVries
- Time and Man, Victor Cruickshank