Tony Elsby (Poems of life and love)
Tony Elsby (Poems of life and love) Poems
- Spiritual Revival Would that I could walk with you, Along ...
- A Child's Message To The World One day I sat on Santa's knee,...
- For You No journey would be too long, No effort would be ...
- Great Expectations She rode it through the city street, In ...
- The Wasp A curious and thirsty wasp, So sadly to relate, ...
- Spare The Rod Pain can be felt in so many ways, Through ...
- The Awakening Her birth was long awaited, This little girl ...
Leicester-born Tony Elsby trained as a journalist with the Leicester Mercury and was later sports editor of two Leicestershire weeklies.
He gained a broad spectrum of experience on local, regional and national newspapers including the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, Nuneaton Tribune, Sunday Sport and Birmingham Post & Mail in such roles as reporter, feature writer, investigative and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Would that I could walk with you,
Along some distant seashore,
Leaving only footprints
To mark our passing
How our spirits would soar,
With the greeting of a new and spectacular sunrise,
The rays of which would shine,
Only on what is vital,
To the health of our core being,
Leaving us to step over the debris of negativity,
That has for too long anchored our lives,
And so limited the flow of nutrients,
Necessary to inspire us,
In seeking knowledge, attainment, fulfillment,
And love in its many and varied forms.
In so doing I would gently...