Charles Wax Poems
- A Wholly Unprecendented Wound I said to Barry Waldbaum in the...
- First Sermon Of Autumn Every so often I felt the need to ...
- Don'T Get Many Fan Letters well, most people don’t read my ...
- A Sad History Of Misfortune I strode to the Pier in Coney ...
- Being At One Time Defeated I descended into the pit with ...
- The Utmost Fortress Soon the snow would whirl from highest ...
- Nothing Beyond Mercy For the first time in 14 months I went ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Charles Wax
A Wholly Unprecendented Wound
I said to Barry Waldbaum in the Teacher’s Center,
“One of my students asked me, ‘What’s a hermaphrodite? ’”
“That some kinda mollusk, Bernstein? ” he said,
“cause I think I seen that creature on NATURE.”
“Got both male and female sex organs.”
“I was born with four toes.”
“I never knew. Which foot? ”
“Left. A missing little thing like that
and my father was against me from the start.
First time I went to the beach
a crowd of people hovered around me.
Well, when my father seen that
he right away started charging a nickel
for a look and for a dame