Yes I Am A Christian, Does That Bother You?
My words they come
As I want them to
They may cut some
Does that bother you?
I write my thoughts
My own convictions
Whether they are sought
Not my restriction.
You have your freedom
Well so do I!
My faith consumes
That is no lie.
Yes I'm a Christian
Write most of God,
Share Truth to man
That makes me glad.
I write of Love too
It's part of life,
What all men do-
War, pain, and strife.
Don't try to put me
In your own mold
You let me be
My pen, don't hold.
My Christian words
Just let them fall
This is my Sword-
Don't make the call.
My pen construe
I am a Christian-
I have rights too
Like other humans.
'The Lord will keep you from all harm
He will watch over your coming and you going
both now and forevermore.'
Psalm 121: 7-8
Copyright Cynthia Buhain-Baello
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yes I Am A Christian, Does That Bother You? by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
- Let's live in Tokyo, Mark Heathcote
- Second class soul, Liss March
- Yes, I am on this wheel, gajanan mishra
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)