I have heard palaver, over historic issues ranged,
Such as, “If Cleopatra’s nose had been shorter,
The whole face of the world would have changed! ”
But who asked “How? ” would be a blabber aborter!
I have heard of legitimate possessions justification
Quoting, “Render unto Caesar the Caesar’s things! ”
But people are unaware of such self-devastation,
For Jesus added, “Unto God the Heavenly King’s”!
I have heard the priests against incest preach
(Such kind of beauty cream would only hide blister)
But how could be born of Adam’s descendants each
If Cain had not had intercourse with his own sister?
I have experienced the Marxist-Maoist illogicality;
They force you to accept and believe their beliefs:
A classless society but for the proletariat partiality
And a stateless world but under communist chiefs!
So, I do acclaim and support any good success
And do further accept theoretically good intentions
But never extol and thank what is utopian guess:
Man at these times only needs realistic inventions.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reflections by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बिमा, Ronjoy Brahma