001 - A Dream
One night while sleeping in my chair
I met a lass who wasn’t there.
She bent and planted a big wet kiss
Upon my lips, what utter bliss.
She said, “If you want some more of those
You’d better take off all your clothes.”
She didn’t have to ask me twice
As she scanned by bod and said, “That’s nice.
If you want to, you can be my steady
As I see that you are more than ready.”
She led me gently to my bed
As she took her nightgown o’er her head.
Such beauty then did I behold
Pound for pound worth more than gold.
She lay down softly on my pad
In the best dream that I’d ever had.
Our bodies met, the heavens sang,
Just then the damn alarm clock rang.
I woke with a start and cleared the air
And looked down at my empty chair.
I grabbed that clock and with a bat
I smashed that no good sucker flat.
I sat back down with a silent scream
And tried in vain to resume my dream.
Not that it really ever mattered
But my dream (and my clock)
Are all now shattered.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - A Dream by George Hunter )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD?, Ray Lucero
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Thank You My Love, Margaret Alice Second
- My Dream, Michael P. McParland
- joshua trees hopping in the trunk of the.., Mandolyn ...
- my lovely lovely wife, Rasheed Alqahas
- Four Leaf Clover, Eve White
- Eric Gone Postal, Eve White
- Half-Breed or Racist, Eve White
- (Rock ballad) Hold on and letting go, Putri Misnia Shary Bahri (Sh ..
- Road Kill, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Plum Pudding Much Needed, Vera Sidhwa