001 - A Dream
One night while sleeping in my chair
I met a lass who wasn’t there.
She bent and planted a big wet kiss
Upon my lips, what utter bliss.
She said, “If you want some more of those
You’d better take off all your clothes.”
She didn’t have to ask me twice
As she scanned by bod and said, “That’s nice.
If you want to, you can be my steady
As I see that you are more than ready.”
She led me gently to my bed
As she took her nightgown o’er her head.
Such beauty then did I behold
Pound for pound worth more than gold.
She lay down softly on my pad
In the best dream that I’d ever had.
Our bodies met, the heavens sang,
Just then the damn alarm clock rang.
I woke with a start and cleared the air
And looked down at my empty chair.
I grabbed that clock and with a bat
I smashed that no good sucker flat.
I sat back down with a silent scream
And tried in vain to resume my dream.
Not that it really ever mattered
But my dream (and my clock)
Are all now shattered.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - A Dream by George Hunter )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson