001 - The Compromise
This lady from DePaul
Liked to go to the mall.
....She bought so much glop
....She’d shop til she dropt.
And stack it all up in the hall.
Her husband said, “Honey, please
This mania has got to cease.
....It must be a curse
....‘Cause you’re getting worse.
We’re filled right up to the eaves.”
And then one sunny day
He knew just what to say.
....“You’d better start quaking
....Because I am taking
Your credit cards away.”
First she didn’t know what to say.
It was such a sorrowful day.
....She said, “This will be fun
....You old son of a gun
‘Cause I’m taking your nookie away.”
So he thought it wise
....So for every day
....That you buy what you may
I get my roll in the hay.
So now he has to pay
To get his daily lay,
....She didn’t know that before
....She was his to adore.
He paid for it anyway.
So no matter what you do
If you’re married to a shrew
....It costs you a bundle
....If you want to trundle
If you’re married or nay
You still have to pay
So what’s a poor bloke to do?
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (001 - The Compromise by George Hunter )
- If, Menkato Awomi
- Agar tumain, Saleem Zidi
- The Pen As Midwife, Saiom Shriver
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
- Theres No Substitute For A Hard Worker, Katherine Perry
- I was not there, gajanan mishra
- two trees, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)