50 years ago to this very day
So much in this poem that I could say
But where to start? I just don't know where
I guess thank you for always being there
Through the good times and the bad
Especially the times we've driven you mad
And I know you're miffed I wrote this in my English book
But how else could I write it without you trying to look?
I know we joke that 50 is old
But it's what we've grown up with, what we've been told.
So here we are another year on
Yet again we sing the Birthday song
Thank you for being patient and sharing your time
Whilst I read out this stupid rhyme
But yeah.. Back to the point at hand
You're still looking so pretty and very grand
We all love you and want to show this to you
For all your help in past years with things you do
So now to show you how much we care,
With so many hugs and love to share.
I think I should go before we start to lose it
So here it comes the final bit
Please raise your glass to raise a toast.
To...... on your 50th- a day to remember the most.
By Sian Mein
Sian Mein's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
So instead I wrote this poem and dedicated it to them, however this is a shorter version as I had to crop off the parts that were only understandable if you were in the family.: P Hope you like it
Comments about this poem (50 Years by Sian Mein )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All through eternity, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man
- Happy I go Unhappy I Go, Akhtar Jawad
- Magical Glass of Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Timeless Ticking, Justin Sisson
- With terror, hasmukh amathalal
- Stars, Justin Sisson
- A Woman Strong, Justin Sisson