Barry Van Allen
I could have been big enough,
I could have been mean enough,
I could have been plenty nasty,
BUT, I'm the guy that waited,
by the door of your old church,
last Thursday morning!
I'm the one that tore it down,
and put it back together,
in the way your contract said,
I am the one that didn't make assumptions,
like all the others did!
I'm the guy that fixed your copier,
and got rid of the stripe,
that the congregation has seen for years,
and forgot that it was there,
... I'm the one that finally did it right!
You won't see me again,
I knew it when I did it,
... but, I have a smile on my face,
that church on old Route 88,
got exactly what they paid for this time!
...for a change.
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (88 Friends by Barry Van Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey