Barry Van Allen
I could have been big enough,
I could have been mean enough,
I could have been plenty nasty,
BUT, I'm the guy that waited,
by the door of your old church,
last Thursday morning!
I'm the one that tore it down,
and put it back together,
in the way your contract said,
I am the one that didn't make assumptions,
like all the others did!
I'm the guy that fixed your copier,
and got rid of the stripe,
that the congregation has seen for years,
and forgot that it was there,
... I'm the one that finally did it right!
You won't see me again,
I knew it when I did it,
... but, I have a smile on my face,
that church on old Route 88,
got exactly what they paid for this time!
...for a change.
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (88 Friends by Barry Van Allen )
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ray of Hope, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner