A Bag Of Seeds
Is the selfless heart not most self consumed?
Selfishly conceited by greater goods'
Dimly lit imperfect passage
To intoxication by self-righteous fervour?
Offering or imposing?
Is thankless prize sweet elusive wine or
Tainted chalice of dubious agenda?
Or do we crave cheap success, but success?
Samaritan or charlatan,
Manipulator or naïve innocent,
Needy, or grace and splendour,
Does decisive drive a difference make,
Or delude a fake pretender?
If change and strength in wisdom rise
Lockstep in wealth we grow,
Bag of seeds a crop does found
But many hands it sews.
Green eyes scrutinize from empty hands
Blind to transparent view
Is so cynical who hauled the sack
Coveting husk bedded buds, dancing
Concealed stalks shadows?
Despised autocrat despicable rat
Or dreamer with a shared vision that
Alarmingly, conceals no untoward, but
To rest in the shade
Of trees we have planted
Sharing fruits we have nurtured
Supping their flesh and juices
Succour for our toiled endeavours
And watch the forest perpetuate;
‘This our true reward?
Danny Draper's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bag Of Seeds by Danny Draper )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The bridle., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- There Are Those, Lyn Paul
- Sympathy, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Wow, Electric Lady
- Ghazal 2, Yasmeen Khan
- Friends No More, Kelly Shanks
- Shine goes, hasmukh amathalal
- Is the lady a tramp?, Israh Sadan
- Late night, Leong Ming Loong
- If Minds Were As Brooks, Richard Blay