vanessa hughes Poems
- A Fishy Tale I saw you twice the other day Stirring passion ...
- A Life Lesson A lesson learned Is a lesson worth All the ...
- Time To Let Go Like a blow with a fist That moment I ...
- A Higher Being If you believe in a higher being And you know...
- All About Me I Don't want to talk about it Please let what I...
- My Darkest Hour It's not just the falsely accused That ...
- A Smile With Agenda! From where I sat, It felt real For a ...
Hi, I'm 49 years old from Birmingham UK. I worked for HSBC for over 20 years and have two teenage children.
I'm very sorry to announce I'm no longer 49, I am now f...f...f...f...fifty. Oh dear! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Fishy Tale
I saw you twice the other day
Stirring passion anew
It's easy saying just move on
Less easier to do
Ive always said to others
There's plenty more fish in the sea
But some days it makes no difference
How many fish there be
On the face of it, a small fish
But you took over my whole sea
Never before had I gone fishing
It was all so new to me
You were someone that I longed for
I'd never felt like that before
Some months on, now I'm seeing
The sea has fish once more
But some days you're the only fish
Swimming in my sea
And the ...