When Love Speaks!
The first showers of rain when it sprays on the earth
As if the earth eagerly waiting to quench its thirst
It Spread the aroma of love all around
Which Knocked my heart and felt as if new love was born.
When the first virgin sun rays touched the earth and
Spread the warmth of love
The earth waiting to feel the warmth of touch
Felt as if the warmth touched my heart speaking of love.
The colourful butterflies were so naughty
asked me teasingly
Whats going on in your heart
That you are blushing with love.
The beautiful fragrance of flowers
Spreading their fragrance all around
Made me feel that as if essence of love is
Covering me all around.
The mischievous waves came running towards me
And splashed the waters and showering me with love
I don't know when I missed my steps and fell into the love
And it hugged me so tightly and took me deep into its heart.
Love always comes in disguise
And it grip you so tightly that one cannot escape.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Kavitha.....5. Pyaar ki Aahaat!
Comments about this poem (When Love Speaks! by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
- Jadavpur Campus Not For Naxalism, Love A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Where is She?, Dustin Hardin
- Celebration, Yohan Confectioner
- Pain of Today, Dustin Hardin
- REUNION, Bireswar Halder
- Love at First Site, Dustin Hardin
- Once Upon A Time, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)