A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi
Respected, dear Madam KAMAKSHI,
This day as you voluntarily retire
From our esteemed Coach Factory,
As an officer from a coveted tier,
This ever-fresh bloom of poesy,
With heart-felt love is strung,
And is proffered very truly,
With ardent prayers sung.
A kind and affable sister,
To her colleagues here;
Her unflinching help she'd administer,
To wipe out many a tear!
With her intelligence wound,
She has crossed many a cadre;
To her duty ever bound,
She has climbed the ladder.
But from her career, bright
She has chosen to take wings;
To enjoy the wonderful twilight,
Which Life's evening brings.
Remember we will, till rest,
Is the assurance clear;
Forget-us-not is the request,
From your colleagues dear.
With fond love flowing,
From two sons—so proud;
The couple would be glowing,
With their children, beloved.
Muses' blessings to you,
To sing with a sweet voice;
Has be-got a daughter-in-law too—
A darling of a choice.
May the grand-child pin
Together your affections—all
And may you and your kin
With God's Blessings enthrall.
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bloom of Poesy to dear Kamakshi by chandra thiagarajan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Voyage, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- Reflected In Mirrors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- zeros and ones, Tajudeen Shah
- Beat Of My Heart, Lydia Cunningham
- Tell - Tale Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Speculative Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Allocating Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfect You, Naomi Mith
- The Water, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Opened, Sade Bolaji