A Bioom of Poesy to Mrs. Sarojini Ramamurthy
Fare-well to you, our beloved friend,
With moaning bosoms caused by the rend;
This flower of poesy, to you we offer,
Plucked from the hearts that pine and suffer.
At the snap of the bondage fine,
From Integral Coach Factory's starry shine,
Your association with us in these score of years,
Cannot but make us part with brimming tears.
A radiant form clad in chaste simplicity,
And a sweet heart abounding in generosity;
Nurturing thoughts of glowing selflessness;
A true embodiment of nobility and kindness:
A lovely smile in a comely mien,
Anger the tender heart had ne'er seen;
Loving and giving is what you've ever been,
Your memory in us will ever be green.
When on you descended an affliction,
We with the Lord had a confabulation;
And craved for His mercy the distress to blot,
And a long healthy life unto you to allot.
The void created by your departure,
From I C F, is but hard to fill even in the future;
For God is yet to mould an entity,
With all the endearing qualities of our dear Sarojini.
‘Cause for the goal of your health you retire,
We console our bewailing selves to square;
And give our hand but with a heavy heart,
When we from you have now to part.
Forget -us- not, is all we entreat,
At this hour when homewards we retreat:
May the choicest blessings of the Almighty
Be showered on you, and your kin, dear Sarojini.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Bioom of Poesy to Mrs. Sarojini Ramamurthy by chandra thiagarajan )
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar