A Bonded Labour
Ah, this life, a bonded labour!
Bogged down by this deadly employer.
I am buried in my sweaty bones day and night
Alas! When will there be a relief from the plight?
My voice stilled in fear of whip.
I am helpless and silently weep.
Left emaciated with stale food
I bear the whip of this stone-heart so rude
Engaged as maid being teenaged girl,
With a smiling face I am to serve all
No sympathy from anywhere for this orphan,
Don't know when will be the salvation.
Dear mom, I am alone on this earth,
Why did you sell me after my birth?
For whom I am to suffer this tyranny
My employer, mom you or my destiny?
Bireswar Halder's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Bonded Labour by Bireswar Halder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones
- Hanging above the blue, Janet Armstrong