John Kipling Lewis
A bottle of you.
I need a bottle of you, hidden in the cupboard.
When I'm lonely I can uncork you,
close my eyes and inhale your fragrance.
Lest you be too tempting, I would seal you quickly.
A sip would be too much... it would not end until I was
very drunk indeed.
A bottle of you to remind me who I am. Your spirits
altering my state. I would scrutinize the label, desperately
trying to find the ingredient that draws me. I've never
found another with your blush, body, and bouquet.
John Kipling Lewis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A bottle of you. by John Kipling Lewis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe