John Kipling Lewis
A bottle of you.
I need a bottle of you, hidden in the cupboard.
When I'm lonely I can uncork you,
close my eyes and inhale your fragrance.
Lest you be too tempting, I would seal you quickly.
A sip would be too much... it would not end until I was
very drunk indeed.
A bottle of you to remind me who I am. Your spirits
altering my state. I would scrutinize the label, desperately
trying to find the ingredient that draws me. I've never
found another with your blush, body, and bouquet.
John Kipling Lewis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A bottle of you. by John Kipling Lewis )
- Alive, Cigeng Zhang
- There it Goes, Vera Sidhwa
- A Date With Fate, Noah Body
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)