James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
A dictator might improve our democratic illusions,
Compel all Canadians to vote and be part of the solution,
Throw out all party agendas for the greater national cause,
Maybe a Charter of Rights just for Canadians just because.
The Charter was not written for us; it was written for them,
Hundreds of millions of very strange looking women and men,
And others who like to march or riot or maybe burn police cars,
Then charged and onto Supreme Court appointments and be stars.
Unfortunately we have all been taught that the Charter is right,
Written in stone so no one can find fault either day or night,
We don’t have binding referendums so it can’t be changed,
If this was Switzerland, the Swiss could have it all rearranged.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.