Maria C. Costa
A Chant to Love, Peace & Life
If the world around you brings grief
And you hardly find relief,
Then seek the spiritual pole comforting your soul.
If your country rulers don't care
For the people's education, health, welfare,
Let sunbeams illuminate their minds
For the better of people's life and daydreams.
If people noble values forget
And their ancestors do not respect,
Help them listen for the sublime voice of silence
That's of paramount importance!
If warships stay on the shore
And innocent children live no more,
Send waves of compassion, sympathy
For their families missing them ever more.
Please keep struggling for a peaceful chance
Trust both God and your spiritual pole
You shall be alive, hopefully
Understanding this complex life dance!
Maria C. Costa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chant to Love, Peace & Life by Maria C. Costa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- een probleem, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget