Maria C. Costa
A Chant to Love, Peace & Life
If the world around you brings grief
And you hardly find relief,
Then seek the spiritual pole comforting your soul.
If your country rulers don't care
For the people's education, health, welfare,
Let sunbeams illuminate their minds
For the better of people's life and daydreams.
If people noble values forget
And their ancestors do not respect,
Help them listen for the sublime voice of silence
That's of paramount importance!
If warships stay on the shore
And innocent children live no more,
Send waves of compassion, sympathy
For their families missing them ever more.
Please keep struggling for a peaceful chance
Trust both God and your spiritual pole
You shall be alive, hopefully
Understanding this complex life dance!
Maria C. Costa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chant to Love, Peace & Life by Maria C. Costa )
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Frost Chills, Cathy Hodgson
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Bored, Margaret Atwood
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)