Christina Georgina Rossetti
What can lambkins do
All the keen night through?
Nestle by their woolly mother
The careful ewe.
What can nestlings do
In the nightly dew?
Sleep beneath their mother's wing
Till day breaks anew.
If in a field or tree
There might only be
Such a warm soft sleeping-place
Found for me!
Christina Georgina Rossetti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chill by Christina Georgina Rossetti )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)