A Christmas Seed
What holds the world together?
What keeps the mind at ease?
For some, it's fun and pleasure,
They are easiest to please.
They think nothing of tomorrow,
It's only for the moment they live;
They look the other way from sorrow,
They just receive, instead of give.
God holds my world together,
God keeps my mind at ease;
It makes no matter what the weather,
It's His will I want to please.
Now the Spirit's all around us,
Especially at this time of year;
I wish we were all on the same bus,
Of His goodwill and friendly cheer.
Let us pray for all that worry,
Let us pray for those in need;
Let's us part from all the hurry,
And plant a Christmas seed.
A seed to sprout across this land,
A seed to grow and live in joy;
A seed of His, sweet, precious band,
A seed of Angels in His employ.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Christmas Seed by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Govt at people's door, gajanan mishra
- Nothing Going On, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her Shoebox Of Poetry, louis rams
- Releasing Sorrow's Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Let world be aware, hasmukh amathalal
- As She Wrought, Darlene Walsh
- When A Man Offers His Heart, Lora Colon
- What love is, gajanan mishra
- ALL YOUR HEART 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The echo you held as your own, Mark Heathcote