Jacques Sprenkie Mateya
A day I awaits
I have devoted my time to this
And I have keen my energy
this day and it never come!
Like less traveled road
Always looms for the pedestrians
The pedestrians don't like going through it
and jungle without a mighty lion,
A dry land waits for a rain
But the rain is rich with empty promises
'I am coming' the rain
And it's likely to rain indeed.
And never rain
I am looking forward to.
I am still waiting like a passenger,
Who waits for a bus in the early hours of winter morning?
When he hear the sound, he look!
With the gigantic jacket and the hand in a pocket,
But the teeth out.
I am similar to Noah with hope,
Waiting for the flood.
Patiently waiting just like a train passenger
Keep on checking time!
I am not waiting for my master
With my paycheck
I am waiting for the day
Like old sick man who awaits for the death
And the death never shows up.
Jacques Sprenkie Mateya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A day I awaits by Jacques Sprenkie Mateya )
- In Living Memory (11-22-63), John F. McCullagh
- Music, Fatima Nusairat
- what swanky sap is this?, Mandolyn ...
- Natural, David Chap Bottoms
- I end poem, hasmukh amathalal
- here's my armadillo, now get me a pillow.., Mandolyn ...
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- With her ability, hasmukh amathalal
- Inhuman way, hasmukh amathalal
- THERE IS…, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)