Walking down the roads of fading destiny..
set aside by a forsaken baggage of emotions
only to be destined unforgiven
and condemned to a no return
Memories mock at the present ruins of a beautified demeanor
Hollow inside, creeping death
Shallow containment of an incorrigible fate
Redemption kneeling at the mercy of oblivion
only to witness a sarcastic echo
of a god stupefying its ignorance
of a fate playing its menace
4 years down that road to nowhere
Settling down only to be devastated by unsettling thoughts
Prowl for peace
And prayers for happiness
A disguised hunt
Bruised and maimed
by the whiplash of solitude
I stay inside those walls
that i built around myself
only to suffocate in my own cries
only to die! !
I look at the black sky..
like painted ebony of my heart
wishing for a day when I’ll be gone...
from the strangers of my reflection
to my world
to my place...
to my people! !
waiting for a day that never comes
when I shall return
when the devoid shall be granted! ! !
When that denial will be burnt! !
Shagun Khera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Denial by Shagun Khera )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Khoon Aloodah, Akhtar Jawad