Walking down the roads of fading destiny..
set aside by a forsaken baggage of emotions
only to be destined unforgiven
and condemned to a no return
Memories mock at the present ruins of a beautified demeanor
Hollow inside, creeping death
Shallow containment of an incorrigible fate
Redemption kneeling at the mercy of oblivion
only to witness a sarcastic echo
of a god stupefying its ignorance
of a fate playing its menace
4 years down that road to nowhere
Settling down only to be devastated by unsettling thoughts
Prowl for peace
And prayers for happiness
A disguised hunt
Bruised and maimed
by the whiplash of solitude
I stay inside those walls
that i built around myself
only to suffocate in my own cries
only to die! !
I look at the black sky..
like painted ebony of my heart
wishing for a day when I’ll be gone...
from the strangers of my reflection
to my world
to my place...
to my people! !
waiting for a day that never comes
when I shall return
when the devoid shall be granted! ! !
When that denial will be burnt! !
Shagun Khera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Denial by Shagun Khera )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)