A 2nd chance at love
And it was one day i woke up..
to witness how the sunshine dances upon ur skin..
gold melting into gold..
yet you still manage to glisten more than ever...
everyday day...every morning...
and on second thoughts..its sunday..
and maybe i can get u a cup of coffe....
i know it wud taste bad..
but i wud try to pour a lil love..
just in case if it doesn't appeal to ur taste
it might appeal to ur heart...
silly thought ain; t it..
or maybe i can kiss u gently..
and take u in my arms..
and when u mumble in sleep..
i wud tell u stay like that forever...
and i don; t wanna miss a thing
not even a single breath...
of u and me being us...
and lie down with you...till the end of time..
and then..as i watch u wandering in ur forest of dreams...
i tend to get lost in mine...
with eyes wide open.. i can see..we managed to sever..
shud have been brutal for you too...
i can sense that when u love me like crazy today...
and yes i was drowned in my own insanity...
unwilling to accept...
ignorance at its best...
that you cud never understand..
and i cud never stand...
to what you felt and thought..
to what my ego won't thaw...
and the doom struck its drums..
loud and relentless..
and suddenly the rain never seemed to stop..
the vision jammed and accustomed to witness grey, , ,
hues died like some old forgotten memory..
crossroads...that could never collide..
and we stood miles apart....
and suddenly..ur moan..shakes my momentary lapse of reason..
just to come back again...to you..again..
and as i touch your hair...and slide them away from your face
ur dimples on the side of cheeks give me a peep...
and i get to know...its me ur dreaming of...
like i dream of u every night...
even when i'm holding u tight...
and m thankful to god...
for i have been blessed...
with you, , with ur love...with a second chance...
Shagun Khera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A 2nd chance at love by Shagun Khera )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And indeed death has a domain, Daisy Pereira
- Listening to the radio in the Afternoon, Angell Afinowi
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar