Creatures of the Dark! ! ! !
Waiting in the haven of black..
in red eyes...glorified thirst for red..
warm and smooth..
dripping from the neck..
taste of elixir..
quenches the voracious desire...
the urge to kill...the prey so stark...
creatures of the dark...
cringe in desperate hours..
when the claws hold your wrist..
evil laughs cold...
when life sets to depart...
ebony ornated night..
and the hour of the dark...
look straight into the eyes of death...
they come alive from the dead..
creatures of the dark..
the bell tolls hard..
with the wail of wolves..
sniffing signs of blood..
ravaging winds of murderous omen..
lurks around the corner..
don't turn the lights off..
for they will take you with a pounce..
rain pelts hard..
when the windows begin to shriek..
night of terror...
begins to seduce its lovers..
while you begin to weep...
no don’t breathe..
they will trace your smell...
from the cursed lands of far away..
vampires and werewolves. straight from hell..
jaws of insanity...will dig deep into your soul....
while you lie screaming...they will droll in moans...
can't run...can't hide, can't sleep, can't embark..
wait and pray...
they give you a quick death...
creatures of the dark....
fallen from the sky itself,
despised even by the gods,
sent back to the lands of men...
hunt and kill...
no remorse....fantasy fulfilled..
and who shall..come along their path..
chill to spine..down from the throat...
mockery of life...toast to Satan..
long live thee..and the morbid incessant mark
creatures of the dark...
Shagun Khera's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Creatures of the Dark! ! ! ! by Shagun Khera )
- Lost in the woods, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Could Not But Be Afar, Pijush Biswas
- One Minute Fool, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- It's Evening, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- My Life Today, Ron Baratono
- River Seeks The Low Points, Saiom Shriver
- Sea Sights, Saiom Shriver
- Revolving Cross, Saiom Shriver
- Words Awash, Saiom Shriver
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)