Ramesh T A
A DIVINE DAY - I
Winter hibernation of frogs, bears and squirrels is a wonder!
Routine hibernation of animals is common in ice cold regions!
Frogs going below ice water, squirrels going into tree boroughs,
Polar bears taking shelter in ice caves are natural happenings!
Inside ice they feel warm to sleep, give birth to cubs and give milk
In the long winter season before spring comes to activate their life.
It’s a great wonder in Nature to see animals get nurtured so, so long!
Also aestivation of animals in summer is a great wonder of nature!
Classic Ant and Grasshopper story is also happening in human life!
In Ramayana Kumbha Karna does 6 months’ work and 6 months’ sleep;
This giant lives so as an ant due to the boon he got by his slip of tongue!
Though strange it is a great wonder in the great Indian Epic of the past!
King Vikram too lived both court life and forest life for 6 months each;
He got a boon from Goddess Kali to rule his country men for 1000 years!
His adviser too got a boon from Goddess Kali to assist him for 2000 years!
But both lived for 2000 years as the king by a plan lived half year in forest!
The story of King Vikram still remains as a great legend among Indian Epics!
What a different type of lives ant, giant and king had to live in 6 months’ time!
Although different in size, strength, wisdom similarly they had to live in a year!
Change of life in every 6 months’ period we too cannot neglect if we probe deep!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A DIVINE DAY - I by Ramesh T A )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland