A Fascinating Pilgrim-Centre(Haridwar)
The Ganges was flowing
with a face furious
and the tides were looming;
We paused to have a holy dip.
We put our right foot into water,
and took it up feeling dead chill;
Smelling danger from within,
“ We already bathed at Rishikesh”,
some of us said and put on clothes.
But some local boys dived into the river
and swam to the bank with ease.
Holding the chains tight,
We dipped and felt as we had all
comforting effect to our body and soul,
and failed not to murmur
the name of the goddess, Manasa Devi.
Walking on the long bridge
across the holy Ganges
seeing her alarming face,
journeying in trolleys
to worship the goddess
at Her abode on the Siwalik hills,
marveling at the tributaries
of the mighty Ganges,
is a solacing experience
in our birth on this earth.
People set afloat
leafy boats with flowers
and a lit lamp put on each,
on the sacred river after dusk
and see them till they go off,
saying prayers to the goddess
for blessing all of them.
People of farther planets
will amaze at the glowing lamps.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Fascinating Pilgrim-Centre(Haridwar) by rajendran muthiah )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Wicked vulture's cry, Madrason writer
- I Saw The Fleeting Clouds Above The Plains, mary douglas
- silly Billy, lee fones
- Washed Farther Downstream, mary douglas
- Love lasts forever, Tiku akp
- The Book Town, David Harris
- THEIR HAPPINESS IS OURS AND OURS IS THEI.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- aaz rawiwar hai, Upendra Singh
- Life As A Feather, Richard Provencher
- The Brocades Spilling Out From Your Baza.., mary douglas