rajendran muthiah (16.03.1950)
A Despairing Glance!
When the pimps charmed him
to pass time till morning
in the haven near the bus-station,
he walked in hanging his head.
He was swooped down by
a glamorous galaxy of stars.
The shining moon he avoided;
the twinkling star he ignored;
he escaped from a Venus fly-trap
and never he stared at pubescent girls.
But a starlet with a despairing glance
touched his heart and courted him.
After some tearful moments of sharing words,
he brought her out of the den,
paying what they demanded
and tied the holy cord around her neck.
She gave birth to two daughters
and they were super-stars in their classes.
A cyclonic desire for comforts
pulled that sybarite to the portals of porn.
He admonished her to turn back.
But she began to brainstorm his daughters
to peep into the rituals of the venal world.
Sleep bade him bye and he bade bye to patience.
He sent his children to his mother's care.
Before the virulence of that vice
infects his grown-up golden girls,
he chopped of the head of that vamp,
put it in a bag and surrendered it to the police.
His sainted hands were not tainted by that murder.
Poet Other Poems
- A Hick Picked up by a Pig
- A Bird Sanctuary (Vedanthangal-TamilNadu...
- A Call to the Gods of All Faiths
- A Clairvoyant's Mesmerism
- A Corrupt Politician Committed Suicide
- A COUNTRY by St. Thiruvalluvar
- A Cunning Mind Triggers the Holocaust
- A Despairing Glance!
- A Dumb Cuckoo!
- A Fascinating Pilgrim-Centre(Haridwar)
- A Gigolo Lies in Wait
- A Great Fall in a Dream
- A Honey Trap Gives me the Jitters
- A House Broker with Knack
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.