RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Father's Love For His Daughter
Broken hearts, never able to be mended during childhood,
not understanding why a mother doesn't love her child.
What could've happened when she was born - her Daddy
was there waiting for her beautiful being to appear.
Thrilled to see her life shine like a star in his life -
his future with her alone.
Sublime joy etched into his heart and mind forever.
But what of her mother who wanted nothing to do with
Peaceful countenance etched into her Daddy's soul as
they are one - Father and daughter - in this world.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Father's Love For His Daughter by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)