RoseAnn V. Shawiak
A Father's Love For His Daughter
Broken hearts, never able to be mended during childhood,
not understanding why a mother doesn't love her child.
What could've happened when she was born - her Daddy
was there waiting for her beautiful being to appear.
Thrilled to see her life shine like a star in his life -
his future with her alone.
Sublime joy etched into his heart and mind forever.
But what of her mother who wanted nothing to do with
Peaceful countenance etched into her Daddy's soul as
they are one - Father and daughter - in this world.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Father's Love For His Daughter by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Prayer For My Daughter, William Butler Yeats
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Pearl of Wisdom, hafiz qasim
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey