A Forgotten Mother!
Dear son, I hope and pray,
Someday our paths, will cross!
Each and every day I pray for you!
I hope that someday you will forgive me!
Please don't hold a grudge or hate me!
I wanted a better life for you!
I could not give you the life that I wanted for you!
Your mother now was given a beautiful gift!
A precious child that came out of my womb!
I long to meet and hug you!
So many years have gone by!
I just want to know that you are safe!
My sacrifice was great!
I wanted to give you a good life!
A life, that I could never have given you!
My only child, you are always in my heart!
Until the end of time, I will pray for you, and
Search for you, forever!
Tears roll down my face,
I am a forgotten mother!
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Forgotten Mother! by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock