A Forgotten Mother!
Dear son, I hope and pray,
Someday our paths, will cross!
Each and every day I pray for you!
I hope that someday you will forgive me!
Please don't hold a grudge or hate me!
I wanted a better life for you!
I could not give you the life that I wanted for you!
Your mother now was given a beautiful gift!
A precious child that came out of my womb!
I long to meet and hug you!
So many years have gone by!
I just want to know that you are safe!
My sacrifice was great!
I wanted to give you a good life!
A life, that I could never have given you!
My only child, you are always in my heart!
Until the end of time, I will pray for you, and
Search for you, forever!
Tears roll down my face,
I am a forgotten mother!
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Forgotten Mother! by Mahfooz Ali )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Religion, gajanan mishra
- gentle thief, Bull Hawking
- Xmas comes, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Surroundings-42, Indira Renganathan
- Courage, Leong Ming Loong
- Thieves, gajanan mishra
- don't mind, Bull Hawking
- Heretic and Deviant, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- JCB academic, is my fame, lee fones
- As because, gajanan mishra