Little King of Sorrows
A Place to Rest My Soul
Life for me was hollow,
Color's were just a shade,
The days just ran together,
Dreams they slowly fade.
Every waking moment,
getting harder than the last,
Hopes about the future,
tarred and feathered by the past.
Smiles a force of habit,
As pure as man-made snow,
Real enough to see it,
But fake enough to know.
My actions like a zombie,
thoughtless instinct to the core,
no rhyme or reason for it,
my life was just a bore.
Then an unexpected beacon,
Happened to come within my sight,
After months of colorless nothing,
My eyes adjust to light.
A spark to light this candle,
that burned out long ago,
Some fuel to feed my engine,
A jump start to my soul.
A little faith in fairy tales,
has come back to me tonight,
I want this to be it now,
I believe in love at first sight.
I await a second meeting,
for the first was short but sweet,
but in the span of being strangers,
she swept me off my feet.
I know not what becomes us,
but for now it gives me hope,
For now it stops the bleeding,
It loosens up this rope.
But just that much has brightened.
A dark and lonely town,
A spot to rest my feet on,
when i was just about to drown.
© 2-4-2009 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Place to Rest My Soul by Little King of Sorrows )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar