Little King of Sorrows
A Place to Rest My Soul
Life for me was hollow,
Color's were just a shade,
The days just ran together,
Dreams they slowly fade.
Every waking moment,
getting harder than the last,
Hopes about the future,
tarred and feathered by the past.
Smiles a force of habit,
As pure as man-made snow,
Real enough to see it,
But fake enough to know.
My actions like a zombie,
thoughtless instinct to the core,
no rhyme or reason for it,
my life was just a bore.
Then an unexpected beacon,
Happened to come within my sight,
After months of colorless nothing,
My eyes adjust to light.
A spark to light this candle,
that burned out long ago,
Some fuel to feed my engine,
A jump start to my soul.
A little faith in fairy tales,
has come back to me tonight,
I want this to be it now,
I believe in love at first sight.
I await a second meeting,
for the first was short but sweet,
but in the span of being strangers,
she swept me off my feet.
I know not what becomes us,
but for now it gives me hope,
For now it stops the bleeding,
It loosens up this rope.
But just that much has brightened.
A dark and lonely town,
A spot to rest my feet on,
when i was just about to drown.
© 2-4-2009 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Place to Rest My Soul by Little King of Sorrows )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Biyw, Swrji Basumatary
- A righteous path is a bumpy road…, Mark Heathcote
- No Podemos Respirar, Hebert Logerie
- Say at least, gajanan mishra
- Thou breeze, thou sing., ramesh rai
- Love's Secret, Luo Zhihai
- A Little Boy Lost, Luo Zhihai
- Invisible people, Lubinda Lubinda
- Eternity, Tushar Ray
- It, Gilbert Ortega