A friend in Need
Alone. Noone to talk to.
Alone. Noone to confide in.
All have betrayed.
Sister, brother, mother, friend.
No one to bear my soul to.
Thoughts dance in my head.
Questions tossed aside.
There are no answers.
Noone to talk to.
Noone to confide in.
I hope in hope.
The sun will shine again.
The stream will bubble through, washing away the pain.
I will be cleansed.
Somebody to talk to.
Somebody to confide in.
It's always been you!
Vonda Overlie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A friend in Need by Vonda Overlie )
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
- Portrait, Md. Mujib Ullah
- Childhood Never Returns, Md. Mujib Ullah
- I Am A Happy Old Man, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)