Yielding to the ghosts of the past that haunt me,
My mind is filled with schemes,
Words that should have been said.
I stayed silent in fear your love you'd take from me.
I now no longer care.
I recognize it for what it was, a mirage.
An open ear only given for something in return.
It NEVER was about me in your world, inhabited only by yourself.
Yours was a selfish love, given with thick strings attached.
Today, yet again, I will clip those strings to set me free,
Only to find myself entangled once again.
Vonda Overlie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ghost Strings by Vonda Overlie )
- A Winter Ship, Sylvia Plath
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #06, Ronjoy Brahma
- Yadwigha, On A Red Couch, Among Lillies, Sylvia Plath
- Verbal Calisthenics, Sylvia Plath
- RESPECT ISN'T FOR BODY SIZE., Changez Ndzai
- The Goring, Sylvia Plath
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath