A Glimpse Into Me. (The Story Of A Desperado.)
The sky is calling
The march of battle reigns
And the clouds are shot with red
While I stand
I am caught, in a tangled web
And I hark, like a bell
But never succeeding in laughter
For the world around
Is a decaying corpse.
And I stand,
That mad look in my eyes,
That gleam of despair.
That cloud of confess.
I can not believe.
I can not see what I see.
I can see flame
I can see pain, and close my eyes
And I can see that it is coming.
The night approaches not on feet
But on wild horses, not half-tame.
I await them.
While I stand,
The drum beats faster, the booms wreck souls
I am shipwrecked, half-and-half
Half ice, half water
Half fire and half flame
Half a victim, half to blame
And I stand, hardly standing
With the world around me broken
And simply mad, simply insane
It left me in the torrent of the rain
And I too, was pinned to the ground.
No longer standing.
Mariam Taufeeq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Glimpse Into Me. (The Story Of A Desperado.) by Mariam Taufeeq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Unquenchable, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everybody is selfish, hasmukh amathalal
- Rose Pink Flamingo Flurries Over Africa, mary douglas
- For The Moment, A Sanskrit Illumination, mary douglas
- This High Circus Life Has, mary douglas
- Perfect Christmas Stocking, mary douglas
- par, Abdullah alHemaidy
- The Wind Has Caught The Tattered Rainbow.., mary douglas
- Budding Artists In a Tempera Grove Play .., mary douglas
- What the hell, Nassy Fesharaki