A Glimpse Into Me. (The Story Of A Desperado.)
The sky is calling
The march of battle reigns
And the clouds are shot with red
While I stand
I am caught, in a tangled web
And I hark, like a bell
But never succeeding in laughter
For the world around
Is a decaying corpse.
And I stand,
That mad look in my eyes,
That gleam of despair.
That cloud of confess.
I can not believe.
I can not see what I see.
I can see flame
I can see pain, and close my eyes
And I can see that it is coming.
The night approaches not on feet
But on wild horses, not half-tame.
I await them.
While I stand,
The drum beats faster, the booms wreck souls
I am shipwrecked, half-and-half
Half ice, half water
Half fire and half flame
Half a victim, half to blame
And I stand, hardly standing
With the world around me broken
And simply mad, simply insane
It left me in the torrent of the rain
And I too, was pinned to the ground.
No longer standing.
Mariam Taufeeq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Glimpse Into Me. (The Story Of A Desperado.) by Mariam Taufeeq )
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)